Cyberinfrastructure (CI) refers to a platform of technological and human support for advanced, integrated computation and information resources in the service of research and learning. It includes such services and resources as:
- High-performance computing (e.g., simulations, modeling, etc.)
- Cloud computing for research
- Advanced data management, sharing, and storage
- Data collection techniques enabled by advanced information technologies
- Advanced visualization
- Network-mediated collaboration tools
- Computer-mediated instrumentation/sensor networks
For definitions of CI terms, see the Glossary.
For more information about CI, as well as government and industry reports, see our Bibliography page.
For reports specific to U-M, see our Reports page.