The University of Michigan will be hosting the 2011 annual HASTAC Conference (face-to-face!) on its Ann Arbor campus December 2 and 3. We invite proposals for presentations on the general theme of Digital Scholarly Communication.
Deadline for submission is September 15, 2011. Proposals can be submitted here: http://tinyurl.com/HASTAC2011-Proposal
We seek topics which may range over but need not be restricted to, the role of digital technologies in:
* Reformulating scholarly projects and products. (This might include questions of narration and argumentation, evidence and epistemology, interactivity, and/or text/visual presentation.)
* Re-mapping the routes through which scholarly products circulate.
* Expanding the digital arts to include the humanities and vice versa.
* Reshaping the global system of knowledge production in the humanities in terms of access, circulation, exchange and equity within the global north and between the global north and south.
* Generating new kinds of research and teaching partnerships.
Topics may also include:
* Copyright challenges and strategies for digital scholarly communication.
* Web design and digitization of archives for multiple and different constituencies (local communities, global peers).
* New forms of research, digitally based, in the humanities.
The middle part of the day on both December 2 and 3 will be given over to concurrent sessions. People may present in any of three formats:
* An individual five-minute “lightening” talk or ten-minute lecture-style presentation, with or without technology (e.g., PPT, Prezi)
* A panel on a common theme with short presentations to allow for discussion time, with or without technology
* A poster project or demo for conversation in a digital display area (e.g., YouTube or other presentation format uploaded to conference website; laptop-based video on a continuous loop, slidecast, interactive website; print poster board)
Presenters will have the option of pre-circulating materials on the website before and during the conference. (Information on an Unconference event for December 1 forthcoming).
Deadline for submission is *September 15, 2011*. Proposals can be submitted here: http://tinyurl.com/HASTAC2011-Proposal
Director, Social Networking
Digital Media & Learning Competition <http://www.dmlcompetition.net/>